IMMIGRANT SETTLEMENT AND ADAPTATION PROGRAM (ISAP)
What is the Settlement Service Program?
This program helps newcomer to integrate into Canadian Society successfully.
Who can access this service?
The priority of the ISAP program is to provide services to clients who are Permanent Residents regardless of how long they have been in Canada and they are not Canadian Citizen. This service is also available to Convention Refugee and Temporary Resident working in Canada with a work permit under live-in care giver.
What are the major services provided under ISAP ?
The clients can access information and referrals in the following but not limited to :
- English language classes referrals
- Information on training and skills development
- Canadian laws/norms
- Orientation to your surroundings
- Supportive counselling
- Translation/Interpretation services
- Referrals regarding government services including social assistance and Ontario disability support program
- Health, Childcare and Senior benefits
- Orientation and information sessions
- Assistance in filing forms for social insurance number, health card, child tax benefit etc.